About Kari Anderson
Kari Anderson is the owner of ProRobics Conditioning Clubs in Seattle, Washington. In addition to teaching capacity classes for over 25 years, she is an internationally recognized presenter giving instructor training workshops and classes worldwide. Kari has an extensive background in dance and athletics including being a National Gold Medalist in Synchronized Swimming and a scholarship student with The Joffrey Ballet in New York. Her perspective and talent for fitness training and choreography development are highly acclaimed in the fitness industry.
- Owner/Director/Instructor ProRobics Conditioning Clubs (est. 1981) 2 locations, voted among the Top 25 in the Nation – SELF Magazine, named Best Aerobics Studio in the Northwest, Top 10 Studios, New Body Magazine</li>
- Owner ProRobics Video, Inc – Video and retail production/distribution company
- International Instructor Trainer/Presenter since 1987: UK, Australia, Italy, Sweden, Netherlands, Japan, China, Russia, Greece, Spain and several more countries
- Formerly Sponsored Nike Fitness athlete and ASICS athlete several years
- BA in Speech Communication from University of Washington
- BS in Exercise Science from Seattle Pacific University
- Certifications from ACE and Seattle Sports Medicine
Video Production / Awards / Recognition
- IDEA Fitness Businessperson of the Year 1993
- IDEA Instructor of the Year 1994
- ACE Fitness Director of the Year Award 2003
- Produced “Great Moves” video series featuring high-profile fitness professionals and original choreography for instructors.
- Produced, choreographed, and starred in over 20 workout videos receiving top awards and international distribution including:
- 1989 “Moving Up” – Best Advanced Aerobic Video Longevity
- 1991 “Sweat Express” – only video ever to receive an “A+” rating SHAPE 1992 and Best Aerobics Workout SELF “Bench Works.” – “A” rating SHAPE, Runner Up Best Step Video SELF
- 1992 “Two the Max” Best Aerobic Video, Best Adv.Step SELF “Fitness Formula” Best Step Video SELF
- Early 90’s, “IDEA’s Excellence in Aerobics” produced by IDEA/ProRobics Video
- 1994 Nike-produced, Tele Award recipient “Total Body Conditioning” – NIKE’s first consumer fitness video featuring Kari along with 2 other NIKE athletes
- 1995 “Tone it UP!” Best Toning SELF; Standout Video Us News & World Report
- 1996 “The New You” video with actress Linda Evans
- 1998 “Angles Lines and Curves”
- 1999 “Dance Works” with and benefiting Pacific NW Ballet Company dancers, and “Body Tech”
- 2002 “Angles, Lines ,Curves 2”, “Hot Steps” ,“CURL” all receiving print awards
- 2005 “Go”, “Push”, “Shake (for kids)” and “REACH” receiving “Most Innovative” Workout Award Health Magazine
- Workout for Hope National Honorary Chairperson 1993 – 1996, former member of the National Wellness Advisory Board City of Hope Medical Center, the world’s leader in AIDS/HIV research.
- Contributor to several publications including SELF, SHAPE, FITNESS, FIT, FAMILY CIRCLE, WOMEN’S WORLD and YM magazines.
- ProRobics actively supports Childrens Hospital, Childhaven and several local schools